Would you like to get in touch or learn more about the Commissioner online?
You can find the Commissioner on:
The Commissioner's social media channels are managed by her press team.
Monitoring accounts, responding and replying
We try and respond to as many replies or comments as we can, however it isn't always possible to respond to every message. Our social media accounts are not currently monitored twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. We may also miss posts in busy social media traffic.
We may also, on occasion, need to do some research to be able to answer your query or point. This means that it might sometimes take a while before we can get back to you.
Where possible, we rely on the measures of protection and intervention provided by the online community which we are using already has in place (e.g. against illegal, harmful or offensive content), for example by flagging comments or alerting them to any breaches of the site’s terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to remove any contributions or block users that break the rules of the relevant community, or any of the following moderation guidelines:
- be civil, tasteful, polite, and relevant;
- don’t post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive;
- don’t swear or use hate-speech;
- don’t break the law or condone illegal activity;
- don’t post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright;
- don’t post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called “spamming”);
- don’t publish yours, or anyone else’s, personal information, such as contact details*;
- don’t advertise commercial products or services;
- don’t impersonate someone else or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- for propriety reasons, don’t use this website or our social media spaces for party political purposes;
- don’t discuss ongoing cases and investigations because we can’t host or comment on this type of content;
- be on-topic and relevant – please try and stick to the topic being discussed. Please don’t spam.
- be respectful – don’t be mean to people! Don’t write malicious or offensive comments, and don’t make personal attacks;
- don’t incite hatred in the context of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or any other personal characteristic.
We have a social media policy which governs how we communicate through our social media channels. It also provides more information on how we manage these platforms.
If your query is serious, urgent, formal, or involves personal details, please use the details on our Contact page to get in touch directly and in private. This page should also be used if you wish to make a formal complaint.